Sunday, July 6, 2008

Another Busy Day

Services at my mother-in-law's church today were sweet. It was good to be in that old historic church again. The last time I was there was for Kenny's memorial service. The stained glass windows are Tiffany! The one in the back of the church features a white dove, just like the one that appeared at the funeral home the night of Ken's visitation. It stayed with us all evening until the very end...awesome. At church today, the first song was...Jesus Loves Me! And well...all I can say is "this I know!!"


Ken's Mom and I took communion together, which was also pretty cool. And of course she "showed me off" to everyone in the church...it was..."This is little Lucy." And instantly they knew who I am...Kenny's wife.

After church we grabbed some brunch and then I was off again. I ran by Carla's to say hi to her Mom and Dad, then headed to Priscilla's and together we went to the bridal shop to meet Jessica and her girlfriends. I found my dress for the wedding and except that it's a bit larger than I wanted to wear...it's perfect! They even had beautiful shoes and a purse to match...and a wispy shaw to cover my bare shoulders. Perfect! The dress will arrive in 6 weeks and there will be plenty of time to get it hemmed and fitted for the October wedding. Of course, I hope when it arrives I will be getting it cut down two sizes smaller than what I ordered. Well hopefully... I can't bear to be this size much longer!!

After ordering our dresses we all stopped for drinks and a few snacks. Ok, maybe the diet will start tomorrow. Jess gave me a birthday present (a little early). She said Kyle had told her, "Mom needs this now, let's go ahead and give it to her." It was pretty flowered dishes and glasses to match from Pottery Barn. Perfect for my new temporary home in Crystal City!

Kenny's Mom had been Jazzy-sitting for me this aftenoon, so I rushed back to her house to get him. I packed up my car, made a couple trips, stuffed Jazz into his carrier and headed back to Virginia to the hotel. He only cried for a few miles then chilled out for the rest of the ride. Perhaps he is getting used to traveling with me. I sure hope so!

No comments: