Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July Birthday Pop!

My Pop is seventy-five today!! Yep! He was born on the Fourth of July. No wonder I'm so patriotic!! I got it from my Dad.

We were the only house on the block with the full regulation flag pole out front. My brother and I used to go out together and hoist that flag in the morning...and at sunset we would bring it down. We were ever so careful not to let it touch the ground!! That's what Pop taught us. I'll bet we could still do that old triangle fold in a matter of minutes because we've had years of practice!

Today will be a big celebration at Lisa's house. And I'm sure glad to be home for it. Didn't think I'd get to go home this year...little did I know...I'd already be here! Libby is going to stop on her way and pick up Kenny's Mom. Kyle, Jessica and Chloe are coming after Jess gets home from work. I haven't seen them yet since I've arrived and I can't wait to get my arms around them!! Mom and Dad are bringing my Grandmother too. Even Noyan's Mom and Dad will be there and Lisa's friends Ericka and Graham from Scotland. We'll have lots of good food, lots of good company...and of course fire works at night.

With any luck, Pop will get the kids cranking some home-made ice cream. It's a treat they always enjoy...and eating it too of course!


Happy Birthday Pop!

I'll bet this photo takes you back a few years!

Love you bunches, Cissy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucy,

Talk about a small world! I do remember dad when I first started supporting the FAA. How weird is that?

Tell him Happy Birthday for me. A friend of my mother-in-law's has her birthday today too. Enjoy your 'family day.'

Bill

SUNSHINE said...

Hey- I will right now!! Happy Birthday Pop!!!!

Anonymous said...

That was a heck of a day! we were all really tired today and it was so fun! i loved seeing everyone. love you!-lauren

SUNSHINE said...

Love you too Lauren...I'm really tired too! Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Ha! well today is the day. hang in there we are bringing you furniture and everything! even a t.v.! haha i cant wait to see you!