Monday, July 28, 2008

A Year Has Now Passed...

I can't tell you the number of times I've cried to the song Landslide. I even started crying to this one before Kenny actually died. There is something called anticipatory grief...and yes, I experienced it...for over 18 years. This song still touches my heart...even today.

When Kenny and I met at 19, we loved Fleetwood Mac. Before we married we spent many evenings in his apartment listening to their beautiful music and lyrics. We loved their Bare Trees and Rumors albums. This song in particular, sung by Stevie Nicks, pretty much says it all.

A year has now passed since Kenny died and I find myself still wondering when this emptiness will leave me... Yet I know that I need to celebrate today, the life of this man who was so courageous, so kind, so funny and so adoring of me. I am blessed...so blessed...beyond my ability to describe it! Thank you Kenny.

Click on the arrow in the box below. If you can not see a music box, go to the internet and download Adobe Flash Player. Then you will be able to play Landslide, by Stevie Nicks. She dedicated this song to her father. And well, I'd like to do the same today. Love you Pop! Give Mom a kiss for me and be sure to hug her today and don't let go!

Fleetwood Mac - Landslide via Noolmusic.com

3 comments:

condadelite said...

Lucy, I am thinking extra thoughts and praying extra prayers for you today. I am glad to hear you will have friends with you.

I can't believe you mentioned "Landslide!!!" It is one of my all-time favs and I sing it, well, not like Stevie! :) I have been wanting Allen to get the sheet music so he can play it on his guitar. Allen and I have sung together in church many times.

Anyway, I am glad to know we share something else special. What did the antique man say, "Nothing happens by chance!" Love, Conda

Anonymous said...

Lucy,

Kenny, too, was blessed to have your love. All those who know you are also blessed.

Bill

SUNSHINE said...

Thank you Conda, No it doesn't surprise me that we both love the same song. Nothing happens quite by chance my dear! And thank you Bill. I feel very lucky to be blessed with so many dear, dear friends! Lucy