Thursday, July 3, 2008

What a Day!

Things are so busy now...but I'm happy and I can't stop smiling!! I keep running into people at work that I know...and they practically jump up and down when they see me. I still can't get over it! I'm not sure when I've gotten such a warm reception.

This picture is from a few nights ago when Susan, her friend Joey and I went to dinner on Capitol Hill. As you can see we sat at a sidewalk cafe. And don't we look alike?

Today I hurried through the day. Didn't stop for lunch. In between working on my projects, I also made some calls about apartments and went to look at one. It's less expensive than the first apartment I had considered and it's also in a good location, right across from the Crystal City Shops, the Metro and the Post Office. I stopped at the Post Office and got a P.O. Box. That seemed wiser than having the mail go to the apartment. And it will be convenient to stop and pick it up on my way home. Also, if I should have to go on travel, I can just let them know and they will hold it 'till I get back.

After looking at the apartment and filling out the lease application I jumped on the Metro again and went one stop to my hotel. It had been a sweltering, sticky day in DC, so I jumped in the shower again, changed my clothes and headed right back out again. I got in the car and drove back to the Headquarters Building so I could park there.

A group of people from work planned to meet on the mall for the 4th of July practice. As I walked along, it dawned on me I hadn't eaten all day, so I stopped at the local work "hang-out" Vie de France.

Thursday nights they have a D.J. and free food, so I bought a beer, grabbed some food, listened to a few MoTown songs and chatted with some work friends. With a sizeable tip, my bill came to all of $5. Yeah, I know...big spender!!


Next I walked the few blocks to the celebration to join my new co-workers. They had reserved a nice spot by spreading out blankets on the Capitol lawn right in front of the stage. It was GREAT! We be-bopped to Huey Lewis and the News and then Jerry Lee Lewis. They were both just as good (and good looking!) as ever and it was a fun way to get the weekend started. After the show we all walked back to the building and I jumped in my car and was home in 15 minutes. Neat!

2 comments:

condadelite said...

Lucy, Your gorgeous smile says it all! Miss ya! Love, Conda

SUNSHINE said...

Thank you Conda! I hope you and Allen have a fabulous vacation. I want to hear all about it when you return, Love ya! Lucy