Friday, July 11, 2008

I Woke Up Crying Today

My stomach is in knots. I can't find my lease agreement. I looked for it last night. Today they are giving me my apartment keys and in exchange I need to initial every page of the lease agreement and give it back to them. I won't get my keys without it. I thought it was in my bag...but no! Maybe it's in my car or on my desk at work...I just have no idea. I can't remember taking it out of my bag.

Last evening my plan for a truck fell through. I was going to run by Costco today after work and buy a mattress. But the friend I had lined up to help tonight can't do it now. Something has come up. At the eleventh hour before leaving work yesterday, I called 1-800 MATTRESS to have one delivered. I selected it from a picture off the Internet. Not the greatest way to pick out a mattress! But work is so hectic right now I don't really have time to focus on some of these details about getting moved into the apartment. And it's crazy living out of a suitcase and a car. Some stuff is in my hotel, the other stuff is in my car and the rest is strewn around with various friends and Ken's Mom. That's what I did to get some of the stuff out of my car and avoid slogging everything into the apartment all at once...on moving day. Luckily I will have some help though. Carla is meeting me here after work today. I'm sure with Carla here it will be fun!!

The mattress store asked me for the address of the building and my apartment number. "I've got the address, but I can't remember the apartment number," I said, "But I'll call you with it when I get back to my hotel." You guessed it...the apartment number is on my lease agreement. Will have to straighten it all out today.

I also just realized I need to give the leasing office a check this afternoon from my other credit union. That checkbook is in my box of important files. It's one of the things I dropped off at Priscilla's this weekend. Good Grief. Today I'll have to think of another solution for that too.

This morning I woke up crying. Last night was my first dream about Kenny since he died nearly a year ago. I dreamed I was getting ready to fly to Dianna's in San Diego. Lisa and I were at the airport. We got downstairs and we couldn't figure out how to get back up. We kept asking people, but no one could tell us. Then I couldn't find my flight ticket...then I realized my wallet was missing. My purse was empty. Sound familiar?

As the rest of the dream goes, I "bagged" my trip to California and Lisa and I went home instead. Then I realized I had been so busy all week that I had forgotten to visit Kenny in the hospital. Oh my Gosh!! I called to talk with him, but a nurse answered. "There is no one in this room," she said. I explained that I was calling for Kenneth...he had been in that room for weeks. She hesitated for a minute, then replied, "Oh, let me check." The nurse put down the phone. I waited and I waited...and waited. But she never returned... I woke up crying.

No comments: