Sunday, July 20, 2008

I Wore Myself Out!

Today was even more tiring than yesterday. First thing this morning, I sanded the bathroom vanity and polished it with gel gloss. It's made out of cultured marble and it had been all scratched and dingy from previous tenants here. It was bugging me; it just didn't look very nice. Now it's practically brand new! I did the same to the stainless steel kitchen sink, but used steel wool instead. Yesterday I had picked up some fine gauge steel wool at the hardware store. I buffed it with that, then polished it too. Now the water beads up and it doesn't get those nasty water marks and rings.

Later I drove to Old Town Alexandria...which is only about ten or fifteen minutes from my apartment. I puttzed around picking up a few more things to make this feel like home...a shower curtain, a basket to hold towels in my bathroom, a bedspread and blanket. I also found a cute greeen metal table to use in my living room for an end table. Slowly but surely things are coming together here.

I got home this evening and had to haul all the stuff up from the basement. I borrowed the cart from the front desk. Then I finished drying my sheets, made my bed and got the rest of the laundry done. I opened a box of kitchen stuff...finally. It had been in the back of my car since last week. I got everything out and washed that stuff too and put it all away. Now I'm tired...exhausted really, and can't believe I have to go to work tomorrow!! Not only that, but I still have to pack for the meeting in Baltimore. I will be driving there after work tomorrow...first I'll drop of Jazzy B at my mother-in-law's. It will be a busy day, and an even busier week for me. The project will really crank up into high gear the next several weeks!

I could use a few more hours to chill this evening, but I know I've got to go hit the sack so I can recuperate. I'm glad I got so much done today and it's good to be settling in. Jazz is happy that I'm here for a change. He is right next to me as usual. He follows me around like little a puppy-dog....er...a...sorry Jazz...I mean cat!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucy,

Thank you. I did not know about using either the gel gloss for the bathroom sink nor steel wool for the kitchen one. Congrats on the work you did in your apartment.

Bill

SUNSHINE said...

Yeah, not sure where I leaned it, but it works! My apartment looks a hundred times better!