Saturday, July 12, 2008

I'm Doing OK

Got my apartment keys last evening and even have a mattress and box springs. They delivered it yesterday. Nothing else yet...no furniture, etc. I keep reminding myself that Rome wasn't built in a day!!!

Last night I had a little help emptying my car. A guy from work stopped by, thankfully! This morning I just finished packing up my hotel room and got one of those carts to move it all with. I'm going to load my car first then come back for my Jazzy Boy! I try to alleviate as much commotion for him as I can, but I can tell he is already a little nervous. By now he has learned what it means when I start packing up suitcases. Poor guy, I'm sure he can't understand why we've left our sweet home behind...

Kyle had offered to come here this morning to help me. But, I hated the thought of him driving all this way to help with just a few things. Especially, when this evening they will be driving all the way to Olney for a party at Marti's. That's just as far...but in the completely opposite direction. I said I could do it myself, but I could tell he was worried about me.

I'm guessing all of this is teaching me patience and perseverance. Two of the characteristics needed most to really enjoy life. I'm getting there...slowly but surely! I sure will be glad when I'm finally settled in.

No comments: