Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What a View!

Here I am in Baltimore again! I hadn't been here since Kenny died and it felt a little weird driving into the City for something other than a trip to Hopkins. I arrived last evening, checked into my hotel room, threw open the draperies and...WOW! A view of the harbor...and on the Government rate! That never happens!! What a beautiful sight and...there it was...the old familiar Domino Sugars sign all lit up in neon. Love it!

On my way here, I dropped off Jazz at Kenny's Mom's house. This time, I put him in the carrier and didn't hear a peep from him. He settled right down and took a little nap as we drove through DC, then Maryland...on our way to Annapolis. We got there and he walked around a bit, but he sure remembered the place. He sprawled right out on the kitchen floor...made himself at home. That's good. Gives me one less thing to worry about.

At Ferne's we had dinner together and it was nice having something homemade for a change...chicken, macaroni salad and fresh tomatoes. Perfect. Then I headed here to Baltimore.

When I finally got to the hotel, I shoved my suitcase into the room and headed out to the harbor place. Still docked in the harbor was the U.S. Constitution. It's a big old civil war era sailing ship. I remember going on it as a little girl with my Parents and Grandparents. Not sure how old I was, but I think I was about four or five.

The shops at the harbor were buzzing with people. I walked around, bought a few things and just took in the sights and sound of it all. I spent some time just sitting on the dock, talking on the phone with my sister Lisa. I sure love being back here. I appreciate everything so much more since I've been gone. The Baltimore Harbor is awesome! What a spectacular place.

Here I am now getting ready for the big meeting. It's a strategic planning conference with our VPs. And I'm excited to be here...yes...I know...I'm a bit of a geek! But this stuff is right up my alley. Well...better get going. This should be a full day...

No comments: