Saturday, July 5, 2008

It's Great to be Home!

Yesterday was fabulous! I was with my family again!
We had a good time at Lisa's.



Lots of laughing, margueritas...oh yeah...and food, food, food!



It was Pop's birthday and we celebrated in style. Lisa found a big American flag from 1905...it has only 46 stars. Very cool! She hung it on the side of her house. It should probably be in a museum somewhere, but she thought it was a perfect way to pay tribute to our Dad.

Later in the day, Jessica asked Pop to walk her down the aisle for her and Kyle's wedding in October. Right away he said, "I would be honored!" How sweet is that? I even got a little choked up about it. It's nice that Jessica loves my family so much!! She has made us her own. It's clear that she loves us...and we LOVE her too! And of course our Chloe is the added bonus!! BINGO!


Lisa's friend Pat was there with her family and Ericka and Graham and family were here from Scotland. Noyan's parents were also there.

My mother-in-law was there to celebrate with us too. Libby had picked her up for me on the way over from the Eastern Shore. She went home with me last evening to stay at my hotel in Virginia. I tried hard not to dwell on last year. Kenny's last Holiday...

The Longest Day
No wonder I'm so tired as I'm writing this blog. It has been a l-o-n-g, busy week and today I packed in about as much more excitement as I could.

This morning Kenny's Mom and I got up early for a Saturday...6AM! We got showered, dressed and ambled downstairs to breakfast. Then we packed up our stuff, including Jazz, for the trip to Annapolis where she lives. On our way, I stopped at Headquarters to drop of my books and work folders and supplies I had brought with me from the South.

Ken's Mom and Jazz waited in the car while I slogged everything upstairs to my office. Before I got back to the car with the push cart, it started pouring...and I got drenched trying to drag everything out of the car. Some of the bags were wedged in between the seats and I had quite a time getting them out. What an ordeal! My hair got wet, my shirt got wet! Boy oh boy! We laughed at the craziness of it!

I hope I don't have to do this kind of thing too many more times...moving and all. My car is still filled to the brim. I look like the Beverly Hillbillies with all the stuff I keep hauling around, including Shrek and Pink Poodle! Hopefully I'll be moving into an Apartment on Friday and I'll be able to get settled and stop living out of bags and boxes!! But...I'm really not complaining...It's GREAT to be home!!

Ferne's neighbor lady Bobbie stopped by. Her husband died 6 months ago and she is still having a very difficult time. We talked a bit about what it's like, and I'm still amazed at just how similar the "widowed" experience really is. She and I shared some of the exact same feelings. And sure enough, Bobbie went a few weeks ago and got herself a cat. It has made a world of difference for her to have something to think about...other than her sorrow. She loves her Bubba just as much as I love my Jazzy Boy!

This afternoon my friend Carla picked me up and we headed to a party at the home of two old highschool pals. We sat outside and ate more great food. Good times...good times. Could you pinch me now?

I got home a little while ago and Jazz ran to greet me. Ken's Mom just loves him and he seems pretty content here. He is getting to be such a traveler! And that's a good thing because I intend to take that cat everywhere I go from now on. He's my Jazzy Boy!

No comments: